Learn more about the 50th Anniversary contests sponsored by the Alaska Marine Highway, and check back often for your chance to enter, vote and win.
The Golden Ticket
Fill out an entry form for a chance to win a Golden Ticket, good for passenger travel up to $500 on AMHS. Winners are chosen monthly.
Join us for our 50 year celebration activities! Review the past and find out about the future events on our Anniversary page.
A Year to Remember 2013 is the year highlighted this month. Over the last year, we have celebrated and commemorated 50 years of service. There were events planned throughout the state during the anniversary including a special sailing on the Malaspina, community ship tours and gatherings, Golden Tickets and contests to enjoy. In addition, we highlighted a different section of our history each month with photos, stories, newspaper articles and more! You can explore this same information from 2013 or reach further back into history and see how the Alaska Marine Highway grew, expanding to the 3,500 miles of waterway and 35 port communities that it services today. Continue to A Year to Remember
- Watch and listen to the winners of the song contest
- Read short stories by Captain Hopkins about life at sea
- Read Karleen Grummett’s account of working as a hostess in 1963
- See articles and photographs from the 1960s by Bob, Norma, and Ira Spring
- A photo gallery for our Sitka, AK and all other past events, are now available
- Congratulations to our 50th anniversary contest winners.
- Visit our store to purchase Anniversary Items
- Check out our Golden Ticket winners