Seldovia | (SDV) | sell-DOAV-ee-uh
"You Otter be Here! A Community of Secluded Charm"
Located on the Kenai Peninsula on the south shore of Kachemak Bay, Seldovia provides gorgeous views of majestic mountains, long stretches of sandy shores, with plentiful and towering spruce forests reaching from the tree line to the water's edge. Located only 17 nautical miles from Homer, a two-day trip to Seldovia promises an out-of-the-ordinary experience with incredible scenery and abundant wildlife. The Kachemak Bay route between Homer and Seldovia has been designated an Alaska Scenic Byway. The beauty of the setting is only matched by the spirit of the community.
- Kachemak Bay is one of the richest marine bodies in the world so keep an eye out for wildlife along the way.
- Nestled between two bays and the mountains, postcard views await you at every turn.
- This remote location has allowed the community to maintain many of its age-old Russian traditions.
- With no crowds, Seldovia offers many quiet places to gather your thoughts and enjoy the peacefulness of remote Alaska.
- Visit www.seldovia.com for more information on available activities and accommodations.
Seldovia receives ferry service two to three days per week year-round. A beautiful four-hour drive from Anchorage, down the Kenai Peninsula, gets you to the embarkation port of Homer where your off-the-beaten-path adventure begins. Seldovia is conveniently located only one-and-a-half hours by ferry from Homer, which makes incorporating it into your trip to the Kenai Peninsula a nice bonus.