Top Ferry Travel Tips
We asked our Facebook fans to share their ferry travel tips and here is a sample. For a full list see our February 3rd post.
- Binoculars are a must have item for ferry travel.
- Bring a jacket and a camera. Get up early and enjoy!
- Be prepared to relax! I love traveling by ferry. It's like a whole different world once you step on.
- Bring a roll of duct tape to secure your tent on the deck. So much fun!
- Bring a group of friends or workmates for an end of season day trip! It's so relaxing and fun.
Alaska Class Ferry Update
All 23 modules are in place completing exterior steel construction on the MV Tazlina, the first of two Alaska Class Ferries. Interior work continues with piping, painting, insulation and equipment installation throughout the vessel. The Tazlina was relocated outside on September 11th so the exterior hull could be sand-blasted before it was returned to the assembly hall where paint crews began applying primer and bottom paint, finishing with AMHS exterior colors in late October. For a full project update, see our project webpage.