Instructions for filling out a 12-209 driver report
Step 1: Collect all your information
In order to completely fill out this form you will need to provide the following:
- Your Driver's License number
- Your insurance information (company, address, phone number, policy number, etc.). This information can usually be found on your insurance card.
- Your vehicle information (year, make, model, license plate number and registration state, VIN (vehicle ID number). Also usually found on your insurance card.
- Information for the owner of your vehicle (if you are not the owner).
- The other driver's information (owner name, address, driver name, address, license number, insurance information, vehicle information, etc.) – whatever they gave you when you had the crash and you exchanged information.
Step 2: Print the form
You must be able to print the form in order to complete the submittal process.
Step 3: Fill out the form
As best you as you can, in your own words, explain everything you know about the crash. Information on your vehicle, the other vehicle (if there was one), any occupants, etc. Pay particular attention to the crash narrative. Paint a good picture of what happened.
Step 4: Sign the form
You must sign the form.
Step 5: Mail the form to DMV
Make a copy of the form. Mail the original to the Alaska Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV). The copy is for your own records. Your crash form is not retrievable from the Department of Transportation once it is completed.
- DMV Main Office
- P.O. Box 110221
- Juneau, AK 99811-0221
Still need help?
For inquiries regarding the form, submission deadlines, driver license or insurance, please contact the DMV:
- Phone: (907) 465-4361
- Fax: (907) 465-5509